Converted Material to Light, how to return it to material?

Can't figure out how to solve an issue? Here is where to ask for help.
FelinaLain

Converted Material to Light, how to return it to material?

Postby FelinaLain » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:50 pm

Hello, sorry to bother

The title is kinda saying it all but in short, I was trying out things, right clicked my material and made it into a light, and it was a mistake and now I can't find how to make it a material again
Please help?

sigstan

Re: Converted Material to Light, how to return it to material?

Postby sigstan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:37 pm

In the lights tab you can mark the light that your object was turned into and click the button "Convert to material".

This usually does not work, if you have saved the scene, and reloaded it. In that scenario you can simply select the object in DS and use Delete followed by ctrl-z. This will restore the object in Reality, although any previous Reality materials settings will be gone.

Hope this helps
/Sigstan

FelinaLain

Re: Converted Material to Light, how to return it to material?

Postby FelinaLain » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:58 pm

sigstan wrote:In the lights tab you can mark the light that your object was turned into and click the button "Convert to material".

This usually does not work, if you have saved the scene, and reloaded it. In that scenario you can simply select the object in DS and use Delete followed by ctrl-z. This will restore the object in Reality, although any previous Reality materials settings will be gone.

Hope this helps

Ah yeah I did save the scene so that's why it wouldn't do anything (kinda silly button IMO)
the del and ctrl-z worked! thanks for the help ^^

Return to “Troubleshooting”