Daz Studio update woes

Can't figure out how to solve an issue? Here is where to ask for help.
Reliquary

Daz Studio update woes

Postby Reliquary » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:08 pm

Hello all. Hoping someone might have a bit of advice on an issue that's cropped up this morning.

I finally got around to updating my Daz Studio version to 4.10. Everything seemed to come across well enough ... the splash screen indicated that the Reality engine loaded ... all of my content appeared to be present and the scene I loaded did so with no issues. And that's about where the fun stopped.
When I attempted to start Reality to set my materials, I received the following error ...

Needless to say, Reality wouldn't load. In fact, after the initial error, attempting to load Reality again (because, surely it'll work if I click it again, right?) resulted in Daz Studio becoming non responsive.
I checked and double checked all the relevant file paths/permissions ... made sure there were no stoppages from my antivirus or firewall and restarted my machine again. The issue persisted ... and still persists. I'm assuming, at this point, that it's a compatibility issue and I'll need to update Reality.

So ... any suggestions?

Important info:
Daz Studio version: 4.10.0.123 Pro (64 bit)
Reality version: 2.50.1.122
LuxRender version: 1.3.1

sigstan

Re: Daz Studio update woes

Postby sigstan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:19 am

No suggestions. But I'm guessing it was only a matter of time, before Reality 2.5 would eventually become incompatible. I believe that Paolo has ended support for it a long time ago.
/Sigstan

pciccone
Site Admin

Re: Daz Studio update woes

Postby pciccone » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:51 am

That is correct. Apperantly DAZ has changed Studio enough that older plugins are not compatble. That is not surprising. Reality 2.5 is quite old. Upgrading to Reality 4 will solve the issue.

Cheers.
--
Paolo

Return to “Troubleshooting”