Trouble with installation

Can't figure out how to solve an issue? Here is where to ask for help.
Unk

Trouble with installation

Postby Unk » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:12 am

Seems installation cannot find DAZ location. Splash screen instructions cramped and crowed (See attachment). No choice but to go back or quit. Help!

Thanks.

B
Attachments
SS.PNG

pciccone
Site Admin

Re: Trouble with installation

Postby pciccone » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:58 am

Hi.

The display will look normal if you set the font magnificatio in Windows back to 100%
--
Paolo

Unk

Postby Unk » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:52 pm

Smart man... You were absolutely correct! Thanks.

Now I cannot install the plugin. I enter the path to Daz, but I get permissions errors. I finally gave the drive full permissions on the complete drive and get same error.

See attachments.

Thanks.

B
Attachments
CouldNotWrite.PNG
Permissions.PNG

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:15 am

Well, there is something that is still preventing the program from writing to that folder. Hard to tell without being at the machine. Maybe you can try to run the installer as Administrator?
--
Paolo

Unk

Postby Unk » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:16 pm

That's whats weird. Did that; no avail... Rebooted, all the usual. This is Win 10, ver 1809 if that helps. Does the fact the listed unwritable folder is "" help at all? I can write to any folder on F drive; whether as user or admn (though my account is admin). Daz has no problem installing anything either...

Unk

Postby Unk » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:45 pm

So, removed DAZ, reinstalled, no problems. Changed ownership of the drive to my user account. Created new user and tried to install as admin to see if it was my username causing problem. No avail...

I'm pretty good w/ PC and registry and whatnot... Is there a more manual way to install this? Do I now need to turn to the open source community?

Thanks for all.

B

PlatnumK

Postby PlatnumK » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:50 am

Question - Are you trying to install on the main system drive or an external drive?

Unk

Postby Unk » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:26 pm

Internal SSD, formatted NTFS

PlatnumK

Postby PlatnumK » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:07 pm

The reason why I asked where you were trying to install the plug_in is that I have only seen this error when DAZ is not installed in the default location

Unk

Postby Unk » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:40 pm

I have an internal 1Tb drive that I dedicate to DAZ. DAZ can quickly fill up a drive. I do not like most things on my C (system)drive. So, DAZ is on F: and I am trying to install Reality in that directory. Never had any problems using any other named drives for any DAZ, Poser, or any other well constructed software.
I still think the best hint as to what may be going on lies in the blank path ("") from the error message, unless someone has seen that before.

Thanks all...

Return to “Troubleshooting”