A new update to Reality 4 is ready for you! Reality 4.3 gives you more power, more ease of use, and more control than before.
- Added per-texture copy and paste.
- Improved usability of the Cloth editor.
- Improved UI with new icons, made it compatible with Retina displays.
- Integrated LuxRender 1.6 for faster and better rendering.
- Added the option to render just a portion of your animation.
- Increased the limit for thin film coat to 2500 for both mirror and glass.
- Expanded the scale value for 3D textures to use fractions of percent.
- Reality is now code-signed to respect the Windows UAC and Mac OS Gatekeeper.
- Improved overall stability.
- Improved the Installer.
- Improved the documentation.
Here is a short video that shows the Per-Texture Copy & Paste feature in action:
- Fixed texture “tearing” when using the accelerated modes with Sunlight or IBL.
- Fixed conversion of bump/normal maps from DAZ Studio.
- Fixed bug that prevented having thin film coating for glass exported.
- Fixed bug that prevented being able to delete a sub-texture. For example, “Texture B” from Texture Combine.
- Fixed bug in the Cloth editor that caused changes to the preset to not persist.
- Fixed bug that caused bump map to not work with Velvet.
- Fixed several other bugs.
This update is free for all Reality 4.x use and highly recommend for every user. In all our tests it has not caused any incompatibility with previous products. We strongly encourage you to upgrade today.
How to upgrade
For users of Reality 4.x
If you already have a previous release of Reality 4.x, check the About menu, then this upgrade is free. This is the eighth time that we release a free upgrade of Reality 4.
Upgrading is simple:
- Go to our download page, enter your order number, serial number, and select the version that you need.
- If you don’t have your license information, you can retrieve it by clicking here.
- If you use Windows you will receive a zipfile. Expand it and in it you will find the RealityInstaller program
- If you use Mac OS, you will receive a DMG file. Double-click on it to open it and in there you will find the RealityInstall program
- Double-click on the RealityInstaller program and the installation will start
For users of Reality 3, 2, or 1
We have a special offer for users of previous versions. For this week only, the upgrade is $9.95 instead of $14.95
Upgrade now and enjoy a multitude of great features, such as:
- Twenty time faster rendering
- GPU and GPU+CPU rendering
- Skin material with automatic SSS
- Fantastic procedural textures
- Cloth material
- Non-blocking UI (relevant to Reality 2 users)