Technology Preview: Reality 3 for Poser
Today we announce the upcoming release of Reality 3 for Poser.
Reality 3 for Poser marks a new milestone for Prêt-à-3D as this version relies on a new Poser add-on framework that has been designed in a cooperation between Prêt-à-3D and the Poser development team.
This Add-on Framework, released in Poser 9/Pro 2012 SR3, provides a new level of integration for Poser plug-ins that was not available before. Reality 3 is the first plug-in that takes advantage of the Framework. We are honored to have had the opportunity to help shape this new technology for Poser.
Some of the features of Reality 3 for Poser are:
- Conversion of Poser shader trees, including most procedural nodes (Granite, Brick, fbm etc.) and advanced nodes like “Blender,” “Edge Blender,” ”Color Math” etc.
- Support for most LuxRender materials, including the new “Glossy coating” material.
- Addition of Reality’s own “Skin” and “Hair” materials.
- Support for most LuxRender textures, including procedural ones like “Clouds,” “Distorted noise,” “Mix,” and “Multimix.”
- Texture editor with unlimited levels of nesting.
- Support for LuxRender’s new Volumes.
- Reality 3 for Poser is a native program running at full speed on 32 and 64-bit systems.
- Available for both Mac OS and Windows.
- Auto-updating, non-blocking User Interface that allows you to work on Poser while running Reality at the same time.
- Rendering via both LuxRender and SLG (Small Lux GPU), the GPU-based renderer.
- Support for LuxRender’s GPU acceleration.
- ACSEL (Automatic Custom ShadEr Loader) support. Save your shader presets and load them automatically for additional efficiency and fun. ACSEL shaders load automatically when a connected figure or object is used in Reality.
Here is a quick preview of the plug-in with some of the main features. Please watch the video in HD for maximum clarity.
Reality 3 for Poser is scheduled to be released in
November 2012 March 2013.
We have prepared some answers to what we expect to be some of the most common questions. Feel free to post in our forum if you don’t see the answers you are looking for here.
- Q: What version of Poser will be needed for Reality 3?
A: Poser 9 or Poser Pro 2012.
- Q: How much will Reality 3 for Poser cost?
A: MSRP will be $59.95 with a launch promotion to put a smile on everybody’s face.
- Q: Will users of Reality 2 be able to crossgrade to Reality 3 for Poser at a special price?
A: Yes. Pricing for the crossgrade has not been determined yet but it will be in line with our previous upgrades.
- Q: Will there be a Reality 3 for Studio?
- A: Yes, a version for Studio 4 will be released possibly in the range of three-four months after the release of the Poser version.
- Q: Will Reality 3 for Poser support SSS?
- A: Yes, Reality 3 provides a new Skin material with support for SSS.
- Q: Will Reality 3 support LuxRender procedural textures?