How to Stop and Resume Renders
Lux allows you to stop and resume your renders at any time. This is an optional feature which is disabled by default in Lux but Reality enables it for all scenes that it generates. The feature is based on the creation of a “ﬁlm” ﬁle, a ﬁle that keeps track of the status of Lux at any point in the process. The ﬁle has the same name of your image ﬁle but with the extension “.ﬂm”. You can stop a Reality-created render at any time, and close Lux. To restart the render from where it stopped:
- Launch Lux directly, outside Reality.
- Select the File/Resume FLM menu option.
- Lux will ﬁrst ask you for the .lxs ﬁle. Select the scene ﬁle.
- Lux then will ask you for the .ﬂm ﬁle, and again make your selection.
- In a few seconds you will see the render resume from where it was stopped and continue the reﬁning process.