Aptos, California – September 12th, 2015
Today we are happy to announce the upcoming release of Reality 4.1, the most advanced Physics-Based Rendering (PBR) solution for Poser and DAZ Studio.
Reality pioneered the use of Physics-Based Rendering with DAZ Studio in 2010.
Reality 4.1 continues to break new ground today with the most advanced technology for a physically-accurate, artist-friendly workflow for Poser and DAZ Studio.
Reality 4.1: faster rendering
Reality 4.1 brings dozens of new features and improvements. Here are the top 10 features:
- Up to 20 times faster CPU rendering with seamless integration of LuxRender 1.5 new rendering modes
- GPU+CPU rendering via OpenCL (64-bit, Windows only)
- LuxRender directly included with Reality
- Advanced Multi-edit, to intelligently change textures, material types, and presets on multiple materials simultaneously
- One-click editing of Color and Image map textures
- New Universal Presets, including several Car Paint materials
- Automatic conversion of iRay shaders (DAZ Studio Edition)
- Customizable Top Coat channel for the Skin material
- Ability to simultaneously use Normal maps and Bump maps in a material
- One-click disabling/enabling of SSS
We have prepared a video that shows the above features in action:
Availability and pricing
Reality 4.1 will be released on September 21st and it will be available for download from the Prêt-à–3D’s website and through all the authorized Reality dealers, which include DAZ 3D, Renderosity, Smith Micro, RuntimeDNA, and Hivewire 3D.
Reality 4.1 will be a free upgrade for all registered users of Reality 4.0.
Reality 4.1 will cost $49.95 for a new license, while upgrading from version 2 or 3 will cost $14.95.
We would like to publicly thank the developers of LuxRender for bringing to the world one of the most accurate and advanced renderers in the industry. In particular we would like to thank David Bucciarelli, Jean-Philippe Grimaldi, Jens Verwiebe, Simon Wendsche, and Vlad Miller. Many thanks to all the other developers as well. LuxRender is a better program because of all of you!