Santa Cruz, California—Today Pret-a-3D announces Reality 4.2.1, the latest update to the Reality plugin for DAZ Studio and Poser.
Reality 4.2.1 adds several new features and improvements to the most advanced rendering system for DAZ Studio and Poser.
New features of Reality 4.2.1
- Improved look for the app to improved readability and ease of use.
- Removed the need to have a scene file name, just specify the image file name for the result and you’re all set.
- Added Reality Start Scene for the Studio edition. Look inside the Scenes folder of the Reality content.
- Added automatic presets for Pauline
- Added support for using TIFF files for IBL
- Simplified terminology: Glass’ “Transmission” texture is now “Tint”, the texture of type “Color Math” is now “Texture Combine.”
- Improved conversion of Metal material for more realistic results out-of-the-box.
- Added Copy/Paste options to the right-click menu, like it was in Reality 2.
- Added ability to use an Automatic Preset to just change the material type.
- Missed sync with Studio cameras resolved.
- Rendering aborted with “No light source” message in Lux, when opening a scene saved with Reality 4.0, solved.
- Sampler choice is now saved in the scene data.
- Texture collection settings now saved in the scene data.
- Top Coat option is now saved and restored as expected.
- Reality now does not save data in the Poser default scene.
- Fixed a bug that made the text in the Windows color picker hard to read.
- Improved reliability of selection in the light editor.
- Adjusted Poser material conversion to skip Image Map nodes that don’t have an actual image.
- The posing controls of Poser 11 are now avoided.
- Fixed bug that prevented using bump mapping with Water.
- Fixed bug that prevented Automatic Presets to be loaded in certain cases.
- Fixed installer to avoid adding the /Runtime/library path at the end of the folder for the add-ons.
- Fixed display of the horizontal scrollbar, improved scrollbars in general.
Upgrading to Reality 4.2.1 is strongly advised to all users of Reality 4.2.1. To upgrade, simply re-download the program from the download option of the Support menu.
Reality introduced Physically-Based Rendering (PBR) to DAZ Studio in 2010, when such idea was still unfamiliar to the majority of Studio and Poser artists. This achievement was made possible by integrating LuxRender in the Studio workflow. Later on, a version for Poser was also released. Since then Reality has brought a plethora of unique improvement that make the Reality workflow one of the most natural, artist-friendly, and effective way of creating photo-realistic images in DAZ Studio and Poser.
With Reality the 3D artist can take advantage of true unbiased, Physically-Based Rendering and benefit from some of the most advanced render options in the market. Some of the features of Reality/LuxRender are:
- CPU-acceleration, up to 20 times faster than before
- OpenCL rendering for true, multi-vendor, GPU acceleration
- The most physically-accurate rendering system available for both DAZ Studio and Poser
- Unparalleled ease of use thanks to a streamlined materials editor that doesn’t encumber the artist with nodes
- Automatic conversion of materials from Firefly, iRay, and 3Delight
- Ability to run the render without blocking DAZ Studio or Poser
- Ready-to-use materials for Metal, Water, Skin and other material types
- Ability to change the scene’s lighting and exposure while the render runs
Pret-a-3D is an independent software developer focused on applications for the DAZ Studio and Poser market. Pret-a-3D aims to create high-quality products that empower the 3D artist, while at the same time keeping the applications affordable.