Unleash the true potential of DAZ Studio and Poser
December 1, 2015
Santa Cruz, California—Today Pret-a-3D announces Reality 4.2, the latest update to the Reality plugin for DAZ Studio and Poser.
Reality 4.2 adds several new features and improvements to the most advanced rendering system for DAZ Studio and Poser.
- Support for Poser’s dynamic hair
- Support for Poser 11
- Support for Poser 11 Area light. Please note that using Reality’s own mesh lights will deliver better results
- Reality-ready start scenes for PoserThe . These scenes come with lights and are optimized for Reality renders
- Ability to revert a set of materials to their original state with one click
- Improved conversion of the specular textures
- Numerous improvements and fixes
Reality introduced Physically-Based Rendering (PBR) to DAZ Studio in 2010, when such idea was still unfamiliar to the majority of Studio and Poser artists. This achievement was made possible by integrating LuxRender in the Studio workflow. Later on, a version for Poser was also released. Since then Reality has brought a plethora of unique improvement that make the Reality workflow one of the most natural, artist-friendly, and effective way of creating photo-realistic images in DAZ Studio and Poser.
With Reality the 3D artist can take advantage of true unbiased, Physically-Based Rendering and benefit from some of the most advanced render options in the market. Some of the features of Reality/LuxRender are:
- CPU-acceleration, up to 20 times faster than before
- OpenCL rendering for true, multi-vendor, GPU acceleration
- The most physically-accurate rendering system available for both DAZ Studio and Poser
- Unparalleled ease of use thanks to a streamlined materials editor that doesn’t encumber the artist with nodes
- Automatic conversion of materials from Firefly, iRay, and 3Delight
- Ability to run the render without blocking DAZ Studio or Poser
- Ready-to-use materials for Metal, Water, Skin and other material types
- Ability to change the scene’s lighting and exposure while the render runs
Pret-a-3D is an independent software developer focused on applications for the DAZ Studio and Poser market. Pret-a-3D aims to create high-quality products that empower the 3D artist, while at the same time keeping the applications affordable.